- This event has passed.
Tasting Room Best Practices
June 15 | 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
One event on June 22, 2021 at 9:00 AM
About this event
Tasting Room Best Practices: (6 hours of content over two, 3-hour sessions)
Dates: June 15th and 22nd, 2021 Time: 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Please note that classes will be held on the above dates. Each class contains different information, and you will receive a calendar notice from NYWGF for each day.
The Tasting Room Best Practices workshop series from the WISE Academy, specifically for NYWGF Members, focuses on the most prudent areas for increasing sales skills and raising the bar with the WISE Triple Score – asking for the order, effectively presenting and selling the wine club, as well as collecting contact data – all in a brand-appropriate way. Give your team members the resources and build confidence in leveraging your brand, winery & wine knowledge into exceptional customer service and sales skills.
7 Secrets of Professional Selling
- Leveraging Your Brand. Brand basics exercise helps team understand the importance of getting each wineries’ unique brand message boiled down into compelling and memorable stories and sound bites.
- Understanding Your Guests. Explore how not all visitors are created equal and understand that they have different psychological needs depending on where they are at on the Buyers’ Continuum. How to shift gears accordingly for different needs of each category from prospects to first-time buyers to repeat buyers to raving fans. Beyond the Buyer’s Continuum, explore how not all wine buyers are created equal and understand that they have different psychological needs depending on what their relationship is with wine in general. How to shift gears accordingly for different needs of each category from “newbies” to “know-it-alls” and beyond.
- Building Rapport. Skills development on use of effective ice-breakers, the right open-ended questions, compelling analogies and great story telling. Homework has them expand on these tools using more winery specifics. Special focus will be on storytelling – making those emotional connections and the art of telling a good story.
- Noticing Buying Signals. Review both verbal and non-verbal buying signals – how to spot them and leverage them into a sale.
- The Triple Score. Reset DTC and Tasting Room priorities to always be selling wine, selling clubs and capturing contact data – all in a brand appropriate manner.
- Features & Benefits Selling Weave the club benefits into the entire guest experience. Focus on features vs. benefits selling through leveraging the understanding of what is of interest to the guest and showing the benefits specifically geared towards those interests. Increase wine club conversion rates and build confidence in selling the wine club, effectively and in a brand-appropriate way.
- Codifying Your Sales Successes. Help team members understand their own recipe for successful selling, codify it and then repeat. Triple score confidence.
*Session open to Winery and Grower Members Only.
This series is proudly sponsored by Farm Credit East.