Every May the New York Wine & Grape Foundation (NYWGF) Board of Directors meets to elect members of the industry to board seats with expiring terms. The term of office for directors is three years and there are currently 21 members of the Board of Directors. Thirteen (13) board seats are statutorily mandated by the law that created NYWGF in 1985, and there are eight (8) at large board seats. NYWGF aims to establish a Board comprised of Directors representing a diversity of regions, business sizes and models, demographics, and functional professional expertise.
The NYWGF Board of Directors is a “self-perpetuating” board by virtue of our bylaws. The organization feels that it is important to solicit the industry for interested applicants. While voting is not a ‘right’ of NYWGF membership, we do prioritize being transparent in this process and we appreciate interest in participating on the board. Please note that the applications will all be reviewed, but that the final board member nominee(s) may come from the internal board process itself.
This year, the NYWGF Board of Directors is seeking applications for one (1) At Large board seat. We are specifically seeking candidates who are knowledgeable about domestic and international wine marketing, preferably with a professional background in the industry, possess substantial experience serving on non-profit boards and are proficient in non-profit governance best practices.
Additional qualifications include:
- Working knowledge of the domestic three tier system
- Experience conducting marketing activities in international and domestic markets
- Experience communicating with trade and consumer audiences alike
- Practiced in reading and understanding non-profit financial statements
- Understands New York’s position and reputation within the international and domestic wine markets
- Ability to provide thought leadership, and entrepreneurial and strategic thinking
The NYWGF Board will review the applications and vote to elect new Board Directors at its May 24, 2022 Board Meeting.
More information about our Board of Directors is available at newyorkwines.org/board-applications.